April 2011 Brides

Tennyt1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have absolutely no idea! I ordered business cards from them a couple years ago and haven't used them until I made my first two orders for the wedding and now I get these crazy deals a couple times a week.  Regardless, I am happy to share!

Originally Posted by Ellabaja1983 View Post

Francine - How do you get all of these awesome VistaPrint deals???  You must have an in!

I too had issues with TA's and decided to just do it on my own.  Our group isn't very big, as you can tell by my sig, and everyone is coming and going on different days from different cities, so it just made sense to do it myself.  Sorry for all your woes :(

Sorry about the TA issues ladies!! I knew I didnt want one from the get go, Im the type of person who like to do everything myself and not have to rely on someone else and judging by your issues Im sure glad I didnt, thats just crazy, how can these people get paid to do a crappy job?!?!

Erin, yes Im doing a welcome letter/booklet

For those doing the oot bags, are you giving one per person or per couple. For example you have a couple in one room, are they each getting their own welcome letter etc... I am not necessarily doing oot bags but I do want to give a welcome letter,itinerary of events, personalized pen with postcards for guest and for guestbook,lanyards with key card holder, ok so i guess this is kind of an oot bag lol but I don't have a bag. What would you guys put this stuff in that is more economical? Any ideas or should I just suck it up and get bags? 

Im doing one bag per room except for the couple of rooms that have 2 girlsfriends staying together so i'll give each girl her own. Other than that its mostly couples. And i'll probably just do a general welcome letter for everybdy and just change the name on it. As far as bags go you could just get like paper gift bags at target or the dollar tree & some tissue paper. Thats what i was originally going to do and just print our logo on a sticker to put on the bags but then i found canvas totes for .99 a bag so i went with that.

Originally Posted by lisadias View Post

For those doing the oot bags, are you giving one per person or per couple. For example you have a couple in one room, are they each getting their own welcome letter etc... I am not necessarily doing oot bags but I do want to give a welcome letter,itinerary of events, personalized pen with postcards for guest and for guestbook,lanyards with key card holder, ok so i guess this is kind of an oot bag lol but I don't have a bag. What would you guys put this stuff in that is more economical? Any ideas or should I just suck it up and get bags? 

I'm doing one per person.  A lot of what I found was cheap enough, so I figured what the heck, why not?!  I mean, all of the guests are spending a boat load to come down.  Even if it is a "vacation" for some, they are only spending 4 nights down with us so at least two of that will be spend on wedding stuff because of our welcome dinner!  I figured for what they were spending, I could do the full thing for all of them.

Lisa, it sounds like you have a bunch of different stuff but honestly, if that's all you are doing, a bag may be a little much.  I say that because if you aren't doing a "first aid kit" of any sort and some of the other stuff that many people put in them, the bag just may look cheap, because you didn't put a little extra in it.  Maybe if you did a smaller bag, that would work perfect probably!

I'm so excited about this next thing that it needs its own message....

I'm FINALLY down to double digits!!!   Yay!!  99 days!

Oh, and I did accomplish a few things last night, well...with help from two of the girls in the wedding.  I decided on the additional flowers we are putting in the bouquets for the girls (with the orange gerbera daisies I already have), a BM found the small like 2x3 ziplock-type bags that I'm going to use for the individual advil/imodium for the OOT bags, so I bought those off ebay, the WC at the resort emailed me back (I swear she only checks her messages once a week) on the final pieces for the welcome dinner and an excursion FI wants to do while down there, I made a final decision on our luggage tags that we are going to do, and last but not least, I got an email from VistaPrint saying my stuff shipped early!

Phew, I needed a night like that!!

Lisa, Maybe you could use some of those transparent treat bags? I agree that a bag might look empty. I bought cotton bags and ironed on our logo, but still don't have anything to put in them. Here's my list of what I would like to include;

Advil/Tylenol

Tums/Pepto

Emergen-C

Mints/Gum

Aloe

Bandaids

Nail File

Waterproof Card Holder

I originally bought 18 bags, and planned on giving one to each, but since our numbers have increased, I will do the same as Teira, one per couple or individual.