AKUMAL RIVIERA MAYA trip report

Our last minute scouting trip was great! The weather was great, cool but nice and comfortable. I checked out the Secrets Maroma spa on a day pass and wow, that is a nice resort. My Fiance played the new golfcourse down the street (the name escapes me) and he also loved it. It just opened recently and he and his buds will definitely return during our wedding week. We also checked out Ceiba del Mar where we will be honeymooning, Puerto Aventuras for fishing charter info and we ate at Lol-ha, Turtle Bay cafe, La Lunita (all in Akumal Playa) and dinner at Don Cafetos in Tulum. We had drinks at Cueva de Pescadors and La Buena Vida beach bar.

We made our way to Playa one day to check it out since I had not been there is years and I was EXTREMELY dissapointed. There are now Starbucks on 5th ave (2 of them), my fave pizza joint is now some horrible lounge and the beach is fake trucked in sand. I apologize if any of you reading this are getting married there... don't get me wrong - it's still nice white sand and pretty water - but it's nothing like it was even 5 years ago.

I am so pleased that Jasin loved Akumal as this was his first trip to the Mayan Riviera period.

I really got along well with our wedding coordinator, and our DJ too! Everyone we are dealing with are fabulous and Yal-ku lagoon is breathtaking. I cannot wait to get back there and wake up to that view again.

• 1 month later...