Travelling With a Wedding Dress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephLB View Post

This is a great idea. I'm planning to carry on, but I was worried the airline would decide not to hang it up for me when I get there.

After reading this I decided to call the airline my FI and will be traveling through and I was told I can carry on my dress as long as it will fit in the overhead. She said they do not have a closet to hang it in. So I will be getting one of those air bags that I'm able to suck the air out and pack my dress in an carry on suitcase. I will get it steamed at the resort once we arrive. Oh, we're flying US Airways.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most airlines will take it for her and put it in a closet in first class. Tell her not to worry just call the airline and ask them about hanging it in a closet... Good luck
You definitely want to call your airline first b/c US Airways told me they didn't have anywhere to hang my gown that my only option is the overhead compartment.

I put my dresses in the overhead bin, yes I said dresses. I had two dresses which were perfectly fine by the time I arrived in Cabo. The closests are usually filled with the flight crew's bags or other equipment. 
Did you use one of those zip n seal like bags, the ones you suck all the air out? Or did you just out it up there in its garment bag? I'm trying to decide which method I'm going to use since my airline said there is no closet to store it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffLuv View Post

Did you use one of those zip n seal like bags, the ones you suck all the air out? Or did you just out it up there in its garment bag? I'm trying to decide which method I'm going to use since my airline said there is no closet to store it in.

I used travel garment bags, they are bit thicker than a regular garment bag and have a loop at the bottom so you can hang the bottom over the hanger.