Wedding Cake Recommendation - Turks & Caicos

Bronze8584

Hello everyone!!!

I hope everyone's wedding planning is going great! I am wondering if I could get any recommendations for bakers to make my wedding cake? I have read on Trip Advisor that a Diane Guess with Cakes to Di For is really great, but have searched the internet and cannot find any contact information?

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Diane can be reached at [email protected] She doesn't have a website, as she is so busy with cakes she doesn't have the time (and couldn't take any more business). Her cakes are amazing! (I will disclose she is a good friend as well). I find that with them they not only look good but there is never any cake left with many people forgoing extra food or other desserts for more cake! (She can email you photos of samples to look at depending on what you want)

She's amazingly creative and a perfectionist. For my 40th birthday she did a 3 layer cake, two layers with a dark chocolate (not too sweet) and a middle layer of cheesecake, with mocha frosting...OMG so incredible. Her Rum cakes are soaked in lots of rum and many resorts contract her just for those. Most of my photos on my home computer (where I am right now) are of her kid's birthday cakes....I'll see if I can dig up some of her wedding one's in the next few days.

Krys

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasouthernbelle8 View Post
Does anyone know if you can bring cake back from T&C into the states? We wanted to save the top of the cake but we'rent sure how this would work/could work.
If you want to be 100% sure, Check with the US govt customs and agricultural site. My experience traveling into and out of the US frequently is that the things they are looking for (with the agricultural sniffer dogs) are fruits, vegetables and meat products as they don't want diseased fruit and veg spreading around to US agriculture.

Traveling with kids on planes in airports, I always have snacks and always am stocked as you never know when and how long you are delayed. My kids like homemade baked goods more than a lot of the stuff you can buy at the airport so I always have cookies, banana bread, biscotti etc in my bag for them and have never had a problem and have had my bags sniffed at by dogs numerous times. You also see a lot of people buying rum cakes in other countries to take back home so I truly believe that it should be okay (**** I am no expert in this, it's just my opinion). I would suggest you bring a tupperware container to hold the cake and take it back with you in your carry on vs in the luggage.

Krys