I'm getting married in Mexico with a small group of family and friends and a formal reception back at home. Can anyone suggest how to word the STD? I would like to include both dates, but I would like to emphasize to save the date for reception because we understand not everyone can make it to Mexico. If they choose to come they are more than welcome to join us in Mexico.

Thanks for the advice....

• 1 month later...

I'm working on this now. Any more ideas.

Here is what I have

John & Jana are getting married in Mexico on July 3, 2010.

We hope you can come celebrate with us at our Texas Reception on September 25, 2010 in the evening.

Suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjflipt View Post
I'm working on this now. Any more ideas.

Here is what I have

John & Jana are getting married in Mexico on July 3, 2010.

We hope you can come celebrate with us at our Texas Reception on September 25, 2010 in the evening.

Suggestions?
The only suggestion would be that it's a bit unclear as to whether guests are invited to both the DW and the AHR? As worded now, it appears maybe they are only invited to the AHR and you are just announcing the Mexico wedding?

Some ideas would be to add language "We hope you can celebrate with us in Mexico and in Texas" etc. (if that is your intent).

I'd also provide a link to your wedding website (if you have one) so guests can get more info.