I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastryqueen_Tanya View Post
I saved some cash on my oot bags. We used colourful beach towels that were on sale for $2. I cut them into four, and then sewed them with some white cotton rope to make a sling bag...each bag cost less than $1. The rope came from home depot, which seems odd, but it was exactly the same stuff that was at the fabric store at about 25% of the cost. My mom really wanted to 'help' with something and this turned out to be the perfect job for her!
NEED PICS!!! please! lol

Thanks for the tips about photos ladies, but work does not allow photosharing sites. I got the towels at the end of season from a place called Superstore...I am pretty sure it is only in Canada, but I bet you could find them at target at the end of season...

I tried to upload the pic as a pdf, the file is small enough, but it still won't upload. I have done this before, I am not sure why it is not working...

Any suggestions for another way to post? I will keep trying...