To book or not book a wedding through Expedia!?

I usually book everything online as well- usually with Orbitz. I haven't had any problems. I also usually find the best deals online. That being said, we are doing our wedding through a TA. He will do price matching if I find a better deal online. Another reason we are using a TA instead of online is because I really don't want my guests calling me and asking me questions about how/where to book. We have a lot of inexperienced travelers and I plan on making my life easier and just giving everyone the TA's phone number!

• 1 month later...

One other benefit of using a TA is depending on the number of rooms you think your guests may fill it could mean extra incentives for you. For example the Dreams offers 1 free room per night that there are 15 rooms booked in your room block. Based on this I am hoping that my FI and will get a few days for free. I could do a lot of other things with that $$. The only catch is that the rooms have to be booked by the TA to qualify for the block.