Dilemma - First dance song

Hey ladies - hoping for some advice.

Our original first dance song was "Come Away With Me". To put an original spin on it, one of my best friends (who has an amazing voice) wants to sing it live when Kenny and I dance. I thought it was an absolutely beautiful idea. I got her the instrumental version to practice, she is excited about it, etc, etc.

Dillemma .....

An artist that I have been listenting to for the last 5 years, Allison Veltz, put one of her new songs up on my space called, "You Can Kiss Me", which is an amazing song and I am thinkning I may want to use this song as our first dance song since it is original. I don't want to hurt my friends feelings ,though. I am also worried she may get nervous and mess up, get sentimental and cry or get cocktailed up when she sings.

Here is a link to the Allison Veltz song live.

YouTube - Allison Veltz - You Can Kiss Me (w/ Matt Dorrien)

I emailed Allison and she sent me the MP3.

Ah, decisions decisions......

Pretty song! I agree, you should go with what you really want your first dance song to be. That said, are you having a sand ceremony or something during the ceremony? Maybe she could sing during that. Or she could sing at the beginning of the reception just before dinner.

• 3 weeks later...

My dad and his wife had a friend sing at their wedding and it was so beautiful and such a great thing for her friend to be able to do for them. I agree that you should have both songs. It really is special to have a friend be able to do that for you and you shouldn't miss out on that or using the song you really want for your 1st dance.