Sunset Wedding Cruise to Cayo Blanco?

Salamander

I have been on the daytime excursion to Cayo Blanco, but has anyone heard about having the actual wedding on the catamaran and reception on Cayo Blanco? This sounds very romantic and something I might be interested in, has anyone heard about this? What would the cost be like? It doesn't sound like something that you would book directly with the hotel, if it is possible does anyone have contact information for this?

Who is your trip through? Sunwing, Sunquest, etc? I know that those companies organize day trips etc. so you might be able to organize it through them. You would have to pay extra for the notary, as the regular hours end at 4pm. I am sure they could do it. I'd get your TA to look into it for you. Sounds romantic!

Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I thought I had remembered seeing it from one of the Barcello Marina Palace brides as one of the wedding reception options sent to them from the WC there. I did a search and can't seem to find it. I was hoping it would be something that the other resorts offered as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post
Thanks ladies for the suggestions. I thought I had remembered seeing it from one of the Barcello Marina Palace brides as one of the wedding reception options sent to them from the WC there. I did a search and can't seem to find it. I was hoping it would be something that the other resorts offered as well.

I just saw it in the "beach reception Anyone??) thread, I bumped it up for you, but here is what she said:

Quote:
Hey,
I'm getting married at the Barcelo Marina Palace in Varadero and for $40 CUC per person (free for the bride and groom) you can take a catamaran to a private island and have a reception on the beach with a sunset dinner followed by drinks and dancing on the boat on the way to back to the resort! I'm hoping to do that as long as I can convince FI! :)

Thank you Jackobelle, that's not the one I saw before but it's even more helpful. At least I know it isn't just made up and does exist. I am just hoping that some of the other resorts will offer this too (Iberostar L.A, Melia V., or Blau). I might just have to contact the WC's from those resorts to see if they offer it as well, Maybe that will help narrow down my choice and be my deciding factor for "The" place.

Hey,

I actually made that post about the sunset reception to Cayo Blanco...I'm not on here a lot so I'm just seeing this thread now! I'm staying at the Barcelo Marina Palace and that was included in the wedding info package they sent me, if you want I can forward the info to you, not sure if it helps you though where you are staying at a different resort but if you want it just let me know! :)

• 1 month later...