Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra&Mario View Post
I first precut all my ribbon (maybe yours is cut already for you). I wrapped it around the invite and glued one edge over the other edge...you know, I actually used a thin bead of hot glue...it was SO MUCH EASIER and NOT MESSY! and it was a QUICK STICK! I love glue dots, but only adhering paper, not fabric products like ribbon. Then there was a little overhang and where the edge ended I put a glue dot and adhered the square label with our names. It slides off. So that way your guests can put everything back in and slide it back on. At least that's what I would do because I know this, LOL. Which leads me to a funny story. I was at my parents' after they received our invite and the ribbon wasn't on, so I asked my mom. She said, "Oh, when I got it I ripped it off, I didn't slide it off, I didn't know."....haha. I was like..."Oh, I image most people tore it off!"...good luck with your invites!!! All that matters is that you love how they look!
Ahaha that's great. Our kits didn't come with ribbon so I have to buy some. That sounds like the easiest way since attaching it to the invite seems like it would take more work. Yes, I love glue dots for paper too but figured I'd have to do something else for the ribbon. I also considered using velcro. Is that lame? Maybe it won't get irreparably torn then. Haha.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...