Wine Box and Love Letter Ceremony

Has anyone ever done this? Basically, as part of your ceremony the Officiant asks the bride and groom to place a bottle of wine, two wine galsses and sealed love letters that they have written each other into a box. During the first five years of marriage, should the couple experience any hardships where they are considering separating then they are to open the box, drink the wine and read to each other.

I love this idea and I am going to incorporate this into my ceremony, however, does anyone know where I can get a nice box. I would like to have a treasure chest style box that can be engraved with a padlock instead of having to hammer down the top with nails like the website suggests.

Love Letter & Wine Box Ceremony

smile03.gif

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my goodness, too funny, I was going to start a thread about this today! We were at a wedding last weekend and the couple did this! I had never heard of the idea before that but I think it is a great idea! the reading that they did during the ceremony was just so touching and sooooo many of the guests that were at the wedding were commenting on what a good idea it was!

they used like a small treasure box thing...it did have a lock on it