good dress places in Mpls?

My sister got married in September of 2006 and she got her dress here

We also got our dresses there as well. The service was wonderful and I like how they would hold our dresses for however long we needed them to. The downside is that it is in Blaine which was far for me but I am not sure where you are coming from. We didn't get our dresses altered there so I can't speak to that part of their service. I am wishing we had used them as my dress got messes up.

They had a huge selection and made it fun for us.

Hope this helps!

Click the image to open in full size.

Have you tried the Wedding Shop on Grand Avenue in St Paul? They have a wonderful young lady named Kathy who is in charge of the bridal gowns. She's had years of experience and knows her stuff. Not at all pushy. This is one of the most helpful shops in the Cities.

Lizzy

• 4 months later...

alright, i'm going dress shopping for the FIRST time next weekend. many of you probably remember that i am NOT excited for this. hence I think i need to start a good, nice place first...

Anyone have any other suggestions on a place in Minneapolis?

I promise you that if you go here Welcome to Mary Kay's Bridal you will have a great experience. I just walked in one day (ALONE) and got my dream dress.

The girls are down-to-earth and they don't work on comisson (sp?).

The size of the dress was too small for me so the girl tried it on for me!

I was blown away by how nice they were AND if you pay by cash or check they give you a 10% discount which can be huge.

I ended up getting my dress from the Wedding Shoppe in St. Paul. I love my dress, and they were really helpful. I must say though that we got our bridesmaid dresses there as well. After all 4 went for their fitting, I went back to pay (It is about 50 minute drive) and they lost our order sheet! I was really ticked off... they ended up finding it a couple of days later and claim it was mis-filed. Regardless, it shouldn't have happened and it was stressful.

One good thing with this place is if you do cash and carry, they give you 20% off.