I give up!!!!

i would be so frustrated if this just was not down right funny!! and i want to start by saying that i do not mean to offend anyone with this post. i am just trying to make light of a stressful situation.

so i have been running around for the last month and a half trying to find a country and venue where i can have a catholic ceremony near the beach that is legal.

i am so excited bc i can do this in the domincan republic - YAY!!! so i am on the phone with the lady from Paradisus a few minutes ago. They have this gorgeous gazebo at the Paridisus Punta Can - you can see the ocean in the background - CHECK!

so i am on the phone with teresa (super sweet) and she tells me how much of a hassle it is to go through with the ceremony etc and that maybe i should consider symbolic.

she then proceeds to tell me that one of the rules is that after the guests take communion - they are NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH THE SAND!!!! huh02.gif

LMAO!!! what?? so i guess after communion - we will all be vicariously hanging off the gazebo for dear life. hahahahahaahahah. i did say i wanted my wedding to be memorable. he he. my mom asked if maybe all the non-cathlolics could then carry the catholics across. OMG! i can see the pictures now.......

GOTTA LOVE THE CHALLENGES!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scarletina - NO CLUE!!! i have been trying to google - "doctrine, sand, catholic" - NOTHING! maybe that is why you cannot have a catholic ceremony on the beach. random!

the mandy - from what i can gather - you cannot touch the sand until after the ceremony is over. strange i tell you - just strange! but you make a good point. Oddly enough the more expesive resort Paradisus Palma Real - DOES have a gazebo that would hold everyone. lol

regardless - the mental picture i have is everyone paired up running about looking like ostriches! if you are on someone's back and they are running, you can't keep your head from lurching to and fro!

Now there is a sexy pose! hahahahaahahahahahaahahah! can you imagine the video?!?!?!

Once I finished laughing hysterically it occurred to me - could she have meant no sand ceremony?

If it's really that it's no touching the sand then perhaps you could have a "covered walkway" through the sand - perhaps a cloth runner or something on which the Catholics could walk (and avoid "touching the sand")?

GOOD LUCK! Sounds like you need it!

Haha! This is hilarious! We Catholics are a funny bunch! I wonder why they didn't teach us that in Catholic high school? Maybe because none of our churches had sand in them...

Best of luck with figuring out the logistics on this one. I think the piggy-back idea sounds great. How funny would it be if all the biggest guys were Catholic and they only had little Protestant girls to piggy back them? hehehehe...