wedding in jamaica

I am thinking ov getting married in jamaica or dom rep? i am stuck between moon palace punta cana or iberostar rose hall suites. i just want to have the best day like all brides do. all info for both resorts will be helpful.

thanks

I was seriously considering Moon Palace in Punta Cana, however since it's a new resort and hasn't even been open a year yet, it appears they are still working out some of the kinks. Some of the resort/amenities aren't finished yet, and while it's supposed to all be complete later this year, they are running behind schedule so there's no guarantee on when it will be complete. However it was 3 months ago that I last looked into the resort so things may have changed since then. And it also depends on when your DW is - if it not until the end of 2010 then you're probably safe. I think once it's complete it will be a spectacular resort and it's absolutely HUGE!! Based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor, and what my TA told me about the resort - once it's finished, it's supposedly going to be the #1 resort in Punta Cana :)

I did a little research into Iberostar Rose Hall as well but if we were going to pick Jamaica, I really prefer Negril to other parts of the island, and they were also booked on my date so I didn't do too much research into their resort.

Check out some of the threads for Jamaica and DR and I'm sure you'll find tons of info.

And welcome to the forum!!