Apparently I am still a Noob and have some questions

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing & Win Win View Post
150 posts - holy cow! That's alot! So, what are we aquiring points for? Just curious as I am fairly new to this forum as well....
The forum is an amazing asset because it offers amazing ideas, advice, photos... you name it. As it is a great tool for planning brides, it is also very important to submit ideas and feedback so that you are giving as well as taking the ideas, advice and feedback.

I believe this is why the rules were changed (mods, correct me if this is wrong)
The new system promotes active and consistent participation so that the forum can continue to run as smoothly and effectively as is does. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonir View Post
Wow I can understand wanting people to participate but 150 posts before you can open attachments?? That seems extreme!
Tonir,

Seems extreme compared to what?

this is a FREE forum - maybe you should take the time to read our rules, etiquette and FAQ's before making anymore comments criticizing how and why things are done the way they are.

you can click on the link in red below in my signature.

Alyssa

P.S. not the best way to start "participating"

Alyssa,

Sorry I didn't mean to offend you, or anyone on the forum. It is an amazing forum. I was just thinking from my standpoint, because I have very limited time (I work about 80 hours per week) and visit this website for ideas for my destination wedding. So far I do not have a lot of experience planning a destination wedding, so I was just thinking that I did not have a ton of suggestions, etc to add to the forum, or the time to make 150 posts. I, in no way, meant to criticize the forum and have found some great information here.

I think that emails and postings can be taken out of context and hard to distinguish the tone and I think you misread my intended tone.

Toni