Help...please!

courtney_b00

I am going to lose my mind so I'm hoping you guys can help....I am planning my DW in Florida, except the location is still undecided. We had been thinking about Siesta Key, but nothing is planned yet. I really just want a pretty intimate ceremony on the beach. I am not sure how many guests we will have, but I wouldn't think the number would be over 20. We are going to have an AHR so I do not need a reception in Florida. I really want to find someone that can take care of the ceremony, decorations, flowers, etc and I have found several nice websites, but I do not know if they are legit. Can you guys give me any recommendations and who you used or are going to use for your wedding

I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks!

There are several WC's down there to help you with that. We were initially thinking about going there so the info I have is near Clearwater/Indian Shores. However a lady I work with stayed further down the coast and said it was absolutely gorgeous. Honestly, if you find an area you want to get married, the hotels have WC's that will take care of everything else. We were looking at staying in condos so then it totally added up and more stressful since we had to find 2 different WC's...one does the ceremony and the other did the reception (although you wouldn't have that part of it). PM me if you want the names i have for the ClearWater area...or I can ask my co-worker on hers too.

Hi Courtney! I saw your welcome on my newbie post. :) So, as you know, I just got back from checking out a bunch of places in southern Florida. I can tell you how they rated, IMO, in terms of ceremony location. I also took tons of pics that I'd be happy to share!

Here are some of the resorts we visited that had the best beach ceremony locations (IMO!) -

1. Mariner's Club, Key Largo (I think they're changing the name, can't remember...)

2. Key Largo Grande Resort

3. South Seas Resort, Captiva Island

4. Tranquility Bay, Marathon FL (technically on Key Vaca, I think)

All of those places sound like they would be good for the intimate ceremony you're wanting. We visited 5 other resorts that I can fill you in on as well, if you'd like!

Hope that gives you somewhere to start! :)

We are getting married at the Westin Resort and Marina in Key West, FL and Aaron Wechter is officiating our wedding. Evidently, he also plans them and specializes in intimate ceremonies per my wedding planner. She recommended him and said he is wonderful to work with and does really nice ceremonies. Our wedding is in a couple weeks so I can give a definitive yes or no for him after the wedding.

If you are interested, here is his site: Key West Weddings Florida Keys Weddings Key West By Aaron

Thanks so much for all of the information, but I think I actually found something. The problem I kept running into is that a lot of the places that are well advertised are ones that only do full weddings. I am not having a full reception in Florida b/c I am having an AHR. I did want a mini-reception and thankfully I found a coordinator that takes care of the ceremony and then a mini reception afterwards. I'm so excited!!