Reception Food: ROR

Attention all past ROR brides!

What was the quality of the food for your reception? Which menu would you suggest?

Is the food they serrve different from the food regular guests would get at the buffet & restaurants?

Thanks a bunch!smile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy2009 View Post
Attention all past ROR brides!

What was the quality of the food for your reception? Which menu would you suggest?

Is the food they serrve different from the food regular guests would get at the buffet & restaurants?

Thanks a bunch!smile29.gif
I think your menu depends on which restaurant you're having your reception at.
For instance, my reception was at Mammee Bay & we went with the standard menu there.

In terms of quality, I loved our meal as did all of our guests. Everyone felt that it was the best meal they had over the 4 day period, with the exception of Tushima.

I will say that I think that they do make it a habit to serve better & larger portions for weddings. I was there last month & everyone that traveled with us this time, who was with us last year commented that the portions were bigger for the wedding. I tend to agree. But our server was great & he bought guests 2nd entree's if they requested them.

So all of this is to say that I don't think you'll have a problem with the food for your reception, especiallly at Mammee Bay. And I don't recall hearing complaints from any ROR bride who had their reception at the Plantation.

If you don't like the menu options for Mammee Bay or the Plantation, then you can definitely upgrade them.

You would probably find some of the items on the wedding menu at the buffet but maybe not all of them. But St.Ann's definitely has a lot of choices at dinner. I really loved the nights that they cooked outside & served special dishes. Those were really good!

Just remember that with your reception at Mammee Bay or Plantation, the main course is served but that there is a buffet for salad & other sides.

Me and my Wife choose the plantation and did a private reception. BEST thing we did. Because we did it that way we were able to alter the menu somewhat to suit us and our guest. When you look at the menu its not your typical Jamaican food, the reason is because they cater to the Europeans. IF you want real jamaican food you have to pay xtra..go figure. But like i said we got our jamaican food with our private reception.

Hope that helps

The Groom

I have a few pics of the food for you...

For our rehearsal dinner, we had the Mammee Bay menu but sat at Platation. I only took a pic of my plate which was the combo meal (chicken, steak, fish, shrimp and sausage). Chicken was a little dry and sausage was way undercooked but the rest was good. I filled up on soup and salad beforehand, so it was ok. Also, food took a LONG time. Some people were completely done eating before others had even gotten food...

Click the image to open in full size.

Here are pics from our reception food. We had a private poolside reception and used the BBQ menu. This came with an assortment of salads, sides and meats, as well as dessert. The food was WAY better than Mammee Bay the night before. It was cooked right there and placed in the chafing dishes, so it was hot and fresh. The buffet worked out best because everyone ate at the same time.