Newbie- Undecided on a location Pls Help!

lovelytlc

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tiffani. I am so happy I found this site. I was referred by someone on tripadvisor.com.

I hope to find answers to all my questions since I am trying to pick which island I want to get married at.

I am trying to decide between Jamaica or Dominican Republic. I would like to go to the Dominican Republic but I am concerned about having my civil ceremony there. I have been told that in addition to having the documents translated into Spanish the ceremony is also in Spanish. If anyone is getting married there and is having an English speaking ceremony, please let me know.

Jamaica is my other option because it seems like the easiest place. I am just trying to narrow down a resort...there are so many to choose from.

If anyone is getting married in either location, please send me an email with any advice or information you can provide. I open for suggestions ideas.

Thanks,

Congrats and welcome3.gif to the forum Tiffani!! I originally was going to get married in DR and I remember the paperwork being rather complicated. I am now getting married in Mexico but there are tons of DR brides on here that I'm sure could help you out. Try doing a search on it and see what luck you have!! Happy planning!