Playa Pesquero Brides - Do's and Don'ts

Crystalballl

Hi All.

So I came across this thread this morning:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t6691

And I found it really helpful in many ways, but didn't come across any Playa Pesquero brides. So I was wondering if those past Brides could help out us Future brides in what you liked about the Resort, Wedding Packages, WC etc.

Things you think we should take on ourselves, what you recommend and think we should avoid.

I know this will help me out a bunch. Thanks so much :)

• 2 weeks later...

Crystal, if you read my review (sorry, I'm not savvy enough to link it here), you'll see some of what I found to be good/not so good.

My recommendations would be:

1. Be patient with Yaly. She is super busy all the time, but once she gets to know you over email, she will be quicker to respond. From her perspective, and from brides who have been there, you should know that the only things that really need to be decided upon before you get to the resort are the wedding date/time and reception location/time. EVERYTHING else can wait. This was a tough one for me. I'm a planner.

2. Have a friend/MOH/mom/someone attend your meeting with Yaly once you get to the resort who knows what your wishes are for flowers, wedding ceremony decorations, wedding music wishes (i.e. the band they can provide or your own cd's - the latter of which is what we did), reception decor and setup. Yaly knew for example that I didn't want the red aisle runner or huge bows on the arch. She is not present for the setup of the wedding location, so she passes on these requests. There are up to 4 weddings a day (on our day for sure, and we were last), and people are sloppy. This I do not believe is Yaly's fault. My SIL's were watching the setup and went to intervene as the red runner was set up, together with massive bows on the archway. They ensured these were fixed, which I found out afterwards and was so thankful for. Also, there was no power to the CD player provided up until 5 minutes before I arrived. Stuff like this should be handled by friends/family and not the groom as he was a stress ball about it crybaby2.gif poor guy

3. Be very specific with the resort hairdresser if you use her services. Speak up if you are not happy. She seems to do better with updo's than downdo's. Allow for lots of time.

4. Ask about whether or not champagne and wine at the reception (in our case, the beach bbq) are included in the reception cost. For our wedding, these costs were EXTRA and quite a bit. It would have been nice knowing that going in...shots.gif

5. Enjoy your day and vacation! The resort is beautiful, the people are great, I really loved the catamaran/swimming with the dolphins excursion and the jeep safari. Our guests all had a fantastic holiday as well.

If you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much Sara. That really helped. And I'll check out your review, I'll try and find it.

I do not want the Red Runner either! Or Bows!! So I will get my bestfriend to come with us to our meeting and make sure she knows my wishes as well and make her in charge. That's a great idea. She'll make sure things are perfect!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafish81 View Post
Crystal, if you read my review (sorry, I'm not savvy enough to link it here), you'll see some of what I found to be good/not so good.

My recommendations would be:

1. Be patient with Yaly. She is super busy all the time, but once she gets to know you over email, she will be quicker to respond. From her perspective, and from brides who have been there, you should know that the only things that really need to be decided upon before you get to the resort are the wedding date/time and reception location/time. EVERYTHING else can wait. This was a tough one for me. I'm a planner.

2. Have a friend/MOH/mom/someone attend your meeting with Yaly once you get to the resort who knows what your wishes are for flowers, wedding ceremony decorations, wedding music wishes (i.e. the band they can provide or your own cd's - the latter of which is what we did), reception decor and setup. Yaly knew for example that I didn't want the red aisle runner or huge bows on the arch. She is not present for the setup of the wedding location, so she passes on these requests. There are up to 4 weddings a day (on our day for sure, and we were last), and people are sloppy. This I do not believe is Yaly's fault. My SIL's were watching the setup and went to intervene as the red runner was set up, together with massive bows on the archway. They ensured these were fixed, which I found out afterwards and was so thankful for. Also, there was no power to the CD player provided up until 5 minutes before I arrived. Stuff like this should be handled by friends/family and not the groom as he was a stress ball about it crybaby2.gif poor guy

3. Be very specific with the resort hairdresser if you use her services. Speak up if you are not happy. She seems to do better with updo's than downdo's. Allow for lots of time.

4. Ask about whether or not champagne and wine at the reception (in our case, the beach bbq) are included in the reception cost. For our wedding, these costs were EXTRA and quite a bit. It would have been nice knowing that going in...shots.gif

5. Enjoy your day and vacation! The resort is beautiful, the people are great, I really loved the catamaran/swimming with the dolphins excursion and the jeep safari. Our guests all had a fantastic holiday as well.

If you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to help.