Beaches Turks & Caicos- Site Visit

Last week I was able to get out to to Beaches T&C for a site visit and I was extremely impressed!

I was amazed at everything that the property offered in terms of options, ambiance and the rooms were great that we saw, quite honestly the pictures just don't do it justice- the entire property was stunning!!

More than that though I learned so much about the "experience" that families have at Beaches T&C !Walking around the property over the two days that I was there I saw so many family moments that just warmed my heart! A father and 11 or 12 yr old son hanging out together on a hammock watching a volleyball game, both with their heads thrown back laughing, teens walking through the property showing off the French village eateries to their friends saying -"isn't this cool, it's just like Disney!" , watching a Grandmother holding hands with her granddaughter strolling through the property, both pointing out their favorite flowers and then a little guy all of about 3 yrs old, eyes wide and a huge grin when he saw Cookie Monster! It was such fun watching his little arms & legs pumping trying to get to cookie as fast as he could to get a hug!

Moments like that you can't get from a brochure or a webinar- I am so glad that I went and was able to see those moments for myself!

BTW- I had my yearly classroom training for Sandals & Beaches while I was there and the updates & upgrades at all of the properties are fantastic -Sandals just really keeps raising the bar! I learned alot and the 4 hrs flew by!

As I get a chance I'll keep adding to this thread on the different villages at the resort and the amenities, wedding info ect!

I'll start with the three villages! It's really neat because each section of the resort has a different ambiance and so this property has something to appeal to everyone!

The Caribbean Village is the original section of the resort. The buildings are all two stories high which makes it feel more intimate although they are stretched along the property. I loved the subdued blues, yellows, pinks and greens that the buildings were painted, felt very Caribbean but was not overwhelming, plus there is so much mature foliage on the buildings and around them, it felt and looked so tropical!

The rooms we saw were in the top categories and let me tell you- they were very modern, clean yet warm and inviting and they were huge! I was really impressed with how large and airy they were. Flat screen televisions, king size beds for the parents, a variety of sleeping options for the kids everything looked great from the furniture to the linens and for all of you bathroom fans they were very nice and modern also!

In the Caribbean Village you have everything you need- extremely close to the beach, you also have a great pool with swim up bar and a waterfall feature, restaurants,and bars (including an adult only). You really wouldn't ever need to leave this area if you didn't want to! There are hammocks scattered around the property, lawn chess and lots of nooks and crannies to just get away in.

Actively level here is moderate- it's spread out enough so that people do not feel right on top of each other!

This village was the newest until the Italian village came along- it also had to be rennovated after the last hurricane hit the area last year!

I loved the quiet and understated elegance of this village! The buildings are set in a U shape around a lagoon sized pool are a( with swim up bar of course!). It used to be the hot spot and very busy- now it's the quietest area and really lovely!The grounds are well manicured here and again the flowers are everywhere!

The rooms here are all fairly identical. it's location that makes the difference and I love the fact that Beaches has built these rooms to be able to expand into one, two or 3 bedroom suites suites- -on one side you have a standard room ( very large, huge flat screen television, marble bathroom- seperate vanity and bathroom area)- if you want a suite it can then open into a living area with a couch, loveseat -that opens to a trundle, dining table and if I remember correctly there is a small wet bar area with a sink. Each area is so large that a family can easily have plenty of personal space to spread out in!Also plenty of room to bring in a crib!The suites are only available on the first & third floor.

I stayed in a ground floor walkout that had a patio witha small table and two chairs- it was semi secluded as there are gardens all around it.I enjoyed having my coffee there in the morning-great way to wake up! The 2nd & third floor rooms however had a french balconet- that is, the doors opened to a wrought iron railing that was flush against the building but not a balcony.

There are plenty of places to eat in this area also- you'll have to try the Cafe de Paris! Mmmmmmm yummy! There were all manners of pastries, crepes and cookies plus they had iced mocha cappacino's ! You will also find Le Petit Chateau here- I heard the food was phenomenal and it is also adult only!

This little oasis would be perfect for honeymooners ( and I rarely recoomend a family property to honeymooners but this was so quiet and quaint!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they are- it was raining off & on during our site visit so they cut it a little short and I didn't have my camera out all of the time! There are lots of lawn areas- a beautiful huge garden gazebo thing in the French village, a beachside boardwalk.The beach here goes on forever so anywhere on the beach is also an option! They also have different ways to decorate the beach- I caught the beginning of the beach set up with the one photo of the potted foliage but they kept us moving before they finished setting up sad.gif!

With Sandals /Beaches you can get married pretty much anywhere on property- as long as it won't hinder the other guests(ie closing down a venue that is suppose to be open!)