anyone incorp mexican trad into ceremony/reception

I want to incorp some local traditions into ceremony/reception.

Has anyone done a lasso ceremony? Was going to add it along with sand ceremony.

I also like the ceremony of the hands though.

would doing all be to to muchhuh.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have a "lasso ceremony" as it's part of the Mexican catholic ceremony. FI is Mexican. Basically after exchanging rings and receiving arrhaes (some tiny gold chips that symbolize money / property - that your hubby will take care of you financially while you need to manage the household finance well) from the groom, the bestman of lasso will put a long chain (with beads and a cross) over both of you, symbolizing unity of the 2 souls.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm Filipino, and it's custom at weddings to do the veil, cord/lasso, and coin ceremonies during the service, similar to the Spanish/Mexican cultures.  When searching on ceremony scripts, I loved the idea of the hand blessing, so we're doing that too.  I figured it would be too windy to do a unity candle and did not want to do the sand ceremony because it might get messed up in transport on the way back.  I gave a preliminary copy of our script to the minister that will be presiding over our service, and he said it should not add too much extra time.