I've noticed quite a number of threads from ladies who had their BD shoot in a hotel or other on-location shoot. My session will be in the photographer's studio. Just wondering what the advantages are to using a hotel vs. the studio?

I just assumed that a studio would be better, since the props are already there, and the lighting/setup etc. would be better.

Ladies, what played into your decision not to choose the studio setting?

• VIP Member

I think this depends largely on the studio. Now-a-days, a lot of photographers do not have studios. Or if they do, they are very simple. At a hotel, you typically have a bed, cool bathrooms/showers, lounge chairs, large windows... things like that.

Most studios do not have a bed in them. However, some do. Some have awesome props for BD shoots.

It's ust a different style of photo that you get on location versus a studio (typically) so I think it's more a personal choice.

I agree with Trish. I think it really depends on your personal style, I have seen some amazing photos from both studio and hotel location. Yes lighting is perfect (in most cases) in a studio, but you are limited to what you can do, but that doesn't mean you still can't walk away with some great photos. With a hotel you have a little more varity in your photos, but that doesn't mean one way is better then the other. It's all a personal choice and I'm sure they will turn out beautiful regardless which one you choose.