My dream of being barefoot.. shattered.

So... I went for my dress fitting tuesday and after much discussion decided that I will need to get the big wedge flop as i walk down the aisle. The seamstress convinced me that nobody will see it and that is best because if the shoe that I want to wear for the reception. Now i know that some brides had suggested that before becuase it looks better but I sort of had my heart set on walking down the aisle barefoot.

She basically told me that there was no way that she could make it work for both becuase of the material that is teh over lay of the dress- or something.

So.. where did you get your big white wedge flip flops from?

Ooohhh smile03.gif!! I am sorry that you couldn't make it work. Now I am nervous that when I go for my alterations that my seamstress will tell me the same thing. I really have my heart set on walking barefoot as well...

I agree with Erin that VS has some great ones at a good price; I would also check out Old Navy http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...052&tid=onfr1r.

Here are some that I found on a quick google search:

http://www.weddingfactorydirect.com/dabrflfl.html

http://www.valubride.com/dabrflfl.html

Yes.. victoria's secret. That makes sense. Thanks Erin!

Shannon- Maybe your can make it work. She was saying something about the material... I'm not really sure. She has a very thick Italian accent and she just kept yelling "shoes" at me. We did have someone else come and translate- but she just looked at me and said "no" -shoes- "yes". I adore her. She also literally stuck her hand in the dress and cupped my breast to make it fit into the dress. ha ha. That was a surprise.

yeah I didn't want to argue about the shoes thing.

I am having this issue too. I decided I wanted to be barefoot, so I got my dress hemmed to be just long enough to wear flip flops after the ceremony and now I want to wear heels. At least she let you know before you got the dress altered. Now I'm trying to find cute shoes with less than 2" heels and that isn't very ease - although I think I might have found some wink.gif

Good luck!

I'm going barefoot, and was really set on heels for the reception, but truthfully our reception is going for almost 7 hours and I knew I would end up kicking of my heels before that with all the dancing I'm going to be doing. So, I'm going to either wear flip flops, or like ballet slippers for the receptions