• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished (in the past week or two) a few really good beach books:

Driftwood Summer - Patti Callahan Henry

moon shell beach - Nancy Thayer

Nantucket Nights - Elin Hilderbrand

All were good reads - nice and light. Most of them focused on the relationships between friends/sisters.

I also read "A Lion Called Christian" in just a few hours - a really light read. But a really cute story about two friends who purchase a lion at Harrods and then ended up releasing him into the wild in Africa. The story is from the 1970's but has regained interest given a YouTube post.

Juliett Marillier's Sevenwaters Trilogy is INCREDIBLE. Especially if you like fairy tale adaptations... anyway, it is amazing.

Sara Douglass The Wayfarer Redemption series is also really good - increadibly complex plotline.

I also really enjoyed the Time Travellers Wife - looking forward to the movie - i love Eric Bana.

If you can find it The Sleep of Stone is an incredible teen book - really old, but a really great read - makes me cry every time.

Love Harry Potter, of course

I also enjoy Anne Rice's first few vampire books

I've read the Sookie Stackhouse novels - they are a fun, quick read, too.

Robin Hobb's Liveships Trilogy is fun, too - as is her Assasins trilogy

I mostly read fantasy - but there are some really great fiction books out there too... I've been meaning to start Jasper Fford's books, because my brother and SIL like them, but haven't gotten around to it yet...