Questions for Sandals Negril...

Just wanting to get some feedback on anyone who has been to this resort or who is planning on going there. We have planned our wedding for May 17th 2010 and are very excited about it. Trying to decide on the decor...if any! Anyone purchase the Preston Bailey packages? Opinions on the basic free wedding? Did they work with you on the decor at all or are they real strict about it?

Hi and congrats for picking Sandals. I was a Beaches Negril bride, so I can give you an idea as they are sister properties and the packages are the same for both. For us we did not go with the PB packages as they seemed too "busy" for us. We waited till we got down to Jamaica to decide on what we wanted once we had a final on where we wanted to marry on the resort. The Jamaican WC are wonderful and work with you on every detail. I for instance, was not impressed with the flower book they had for me to choose from... I wanted real "local" tropical flowers.. it is a DW afterall. So when we met with them the day after we arrived, I expressed this and immediately they called the florist (which is Tia Flora) and we had a little chat about what I was thinking and the colors I was looking for. They asked about my dress and BM dress colors, and then even what the guys were wearing. I left it all up to them to come up with something for me. They were amazing!!! I got to see the final product when the WC came to pick me up. Also, when I built my own flower package.. I went with the major pieces 1 for the top and 2 for the sides and they all blended in nicely with my bouquet. Good thing about picking the items I did.. they can be transfered easily to your cocktail reception and dinner table as centerpieces as they are flat on the back. (money saver) The few things I did ask the Miami WC about and ordered before we got to Jamaica was chair covers and sashes, and reserving my cocktail reception time.

One thing that really showed me that they knew what they were doing was, we had a hurricane on the day of the wedding... so no beach ceremony for me. We ended up at the Gazebo for the ceremony which was fine with me.. but since I was not able to use the Tiki Hut for the cocktail reception they actually closed off one of the raised pool decks and decorated wonderfully with a million palm frons and flowers (which I did not pay for) with candles and tiki lights. This was all done in 3 hrs time. When they showed me the pool deck it was empty and I couldn't really imagine it at all but it was AMAZING. If something were to arise... they WILL make sure everything is perfect and do whatever it takes to make sure you are happy. Hope this helps!

K I am done with the book .. but if you have any other questions just let me know. Also check out my photos below to give you an idea of the day and flowers and such.

• 2 weeks later...