Green Bean Casserole??

Okay....so I got 'assigned' to bring green bean casserol for brunch tomorrow. I have my normal recipe that I use which includes cheese. I don't know what it tastes like without the cheese, but my mom has requested that cheese not be used. Do any of you have a recipe that you know is good.....also, I have to be able to use cream of chicken vs cream of mushroom soup. Thanks Girls!

we do a completely different version of a green bean casserole...I've listed the recipe below...instead of cheese you could top it off with sauted bread crumbs

Cook 1/3 cup minced onion in 2 TBSP butter until golden.

Blend in 2 TBSP flour, 1/2 TSP salt, 1/4 TSP pepper and mix well.

Add 1 cup sour cream.

Removefrom heat and blend with 2 cups drained canned greenbeans.

Pour into shallow dish. Top with 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese. Bake @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serves four.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I just follow the recipe on the back of the french's fried onions and no cheese required. And I always substitute cream of mushroom for cream of chicken no matter what I make.
I follow the same recipe. I have substituted cream of mushroom with cream of celery. I never heard of using cheese in green bean casserole.

• 5 months later...