My DIY travel mug sticker experiment *pics*

i got blank travel mugs for my OOT bags and i'm putting my logo on with stickers, fully aware that the stickers may or may not last the week. but i was concerned that if the mug got wet the logo would smear or run so i did a water experiment. thought i'd share in case anyone else wants to go this route

- sticker paper: from office depot - photogloss, inkjet, do it yourself stickers, 5 sheets $14. the whole sheet is stickers then you can cut out whatever shape you want. my 28 mugs took me 2 sheets of stickers

- printer: xerox something or other, i used the one at work so it's a higher quality printer than your normal home printer

here we go:

Click the image to open in full size.

sticker on the test mug

wet sticker, i wet my hand then palmed the mug over the sticker. it wrinkled it but didn't run or smear

i ran the bottom part under water for 20 seconds, then tried rubbing the ink. ink intact but the sticker was losing it's stickyness and really started to wrinkle

while showing FI the stickers would be fine when wet, i said 'but it can peel off really easily' which i peeled it off at the top...and lost the ink that was there. oops

sticker when dry. it's sticky again and not that easy to peel off

the stickers serve my purpose for the week we're there. and if ppl want to use the mug after, they can peel the sticker off