sand ceremony?!

jenM

Ok ladies,

So as the date is getting closer I am getting a list together of all the questions i need answered.

So, as for the sand ceremony have yall brought your own stuff or used the hotels? and if you've brought your own, did it make it to and from in one piece?

Ive been reading and have a list of items i should prepare to bring for decor

chair bows

cake boxes

votive candles

rose petals

cake topper, and cutter

ANYTHING YOU NOTICE I'M MISSING OR SHOULD CONSIDER?

Thanks ladies!

Do you want to bring any centerpieces for the reception tables or are the votive candles going to be it? Where did you end up finding your chair bows? Also, the hotel has rose pedals to purchase. I didn't know that they would let you bring your own. Good to know if they do. I am getting married at the Riu Palace in 2010. I am glad you are remembering the cake boxes. I have heard there is lots of cake left over but when people don't remember cake boxes, it goes to waste. Why waste cake when you can send your guests back to their hotel with a couple of pieces for a midnight snack later :)

I'm also bringing a guest book and colored pens, and other assorted shells/starfish for table decor.

I will be bringing my own sand ceremony stuff, including some colored sand, but I think it would be great to use some sand from the resort as well.

Our vase has a stopper on the top, so we can take it home, but I'm sure the sand colors will be all mixed up after we get off the plane!