resort photographer at Barcelo Maya Colonial Beach???

Has anyone used the photographer who is on the resort, if so can you please tell me about your experience, the price and if you could show some of the pictures.

this would be greatly appreciated, we're trying to avoid hiring an outside vendor since you have to pay an additional $300 for that but if the resort photographer is no good than we may not have a choice sad.gif

thanks

Hey Niki,

I was there in Jan to shoot a wedding and from what I saw... I wouldn't hire them to shoot my wedding and here's why:

Now normally as a photog, I would only be able to critique the final product, but in Jan I

was there to shoot a wedding and watched the resort photogs and videographers in action.

1) there was two of them and they only had ok cameras and lenses.

2) they were late. yep, the wedding started and about 6 minutes into the wedding here come the photographers running up....

3) very standard shots (at least from what I witnessed during the ceremony) no creativity, it was like they didn't care.

I only stayed to watch the ceremony. Now, I know I might have some high standards being a photographer, but seriously.... hire an outside vendor for the photography...

oh and if you see "pastor tacos" run to get them. They were soooo good.

nic

I have seen a similar occurrence in Cuba. The thing that stood out was the two of them wore these bright red/white striped shirts. They even got themselves in each others shots sometimes (saw the pics after). This isn't to say each and every resort has the same quality of photographer, and it will very greatly from resort to resort. It's always a gamble going with the in house photographers, sometimes it will be well worth it, other times it wont. Sometimes if you are getting married in the offseason (like november) you can get pretty good deals with local vendors to bring with you. Just something you have to weigh the pros and cons for.

Hi,

I got married at the Barcelo in December 2008. I flew in my own photographer so I don't know the exact quality of the hotel photographers work, but I did see a wedding going on while I was at the resort, and I do agree with Nic Dragomire's comment - the pictures that I noticed being taken were very generic with no creativity or fun to them. But I only saw a few pictures being taken on the resort grounds so maybe after they left the area I was in the pictures got better.