Iberostar Grand Rose Hall

Yes, depending on the amount of guests your having/staying at the Grand.  I'm waiting to contact them regarding the reception once I get closer to my final head count.

It never hurts to ask...

Originally Posted by susan1672 View Post

Does anything think that $12 per person per hour for premium open bar at a private cocktail hour and private reception is a bit high? I would think there wouldn't be an additional charge since premium drinks are already covered under the all inclusive rate.

Are their prices negotiable??

Susan - I am SO with you. So much for ALL INCLUSIVE, huh? I just sent an email asking Janielle if I can have a couple of signature drinks or a rum punch instead of a premium open bar.

Im having my guest go to the lobby bar for drinks. I figured they'd been drinking ALL week...so they shouldn't mind the lobby or the rum punch.

Does anything think that $12 per person per hour for premium open bar at a private cocktail hour and private reception is a bit high? I would think there wouldn't be an additional charge since premium drinks are already covered under the all inclusive rate.

Are their prices negotiable??

I love the idea of the rum punch or a signature cocktail! Let me know what response you get from the hotel! : ) I don't think I am ordering loung furniture for the rehearsal or the reception because I don't plan on my guests sitting! They better be up and dancing! I think we will probably just do the rehearsal at the japanese restaurant but for my reception, I am thinking of doing a private dinner then beach party after with the fire dancers and a DJ. I would just much rather have the "beach" feeling for my reception. As for gifts for the guests, I am probably just giving each couple a welcome bag with goodies in it. I love the pashmina idea though : ) Hopefully you can get a good deal!

Thanks for the feedback Susansmile159.gif. The one thing I derfinitely appreciate about this site is, how we're able to bounce ideas off one another! 

I don't plan on receiving a response from Janielle before next week. I know a lot of the ladies on here keep mentioning "Island Time."  I was actually planning on sharing all the responses to my questions. Im sure another bride on here has the same exact ones.

How many people are you having? I didn't even think about a beach party after the ceremony....hmmm with fire dancers too. I'll have to look into that.

I think Im going to be on the lookout for pashminas in NYC. I sent a message to one of my Aunts down there to start pricing them. 

WOW, that's a lot of people Susan! I thought I had too many at 60 people. 75 wholly cow

Our guest list is getting bigger by the minute but I would like to have between 50-75 people. How about you? I love the idea of sharing our responses we get from the hotel! Let's do that!

It's only because my fiance has a huuuge family and insists on inviting all of them! He wants to invite about 150 people just on his side and I only want to invite 75 from my side so needless to say, we have been arguing quite a bit lol. DW's are supposed to be small! He just doesn't get it!

Ahhh getting married in 53 days!  Anyone bring down their own decorations or items for the dinner?  I e-mail Janielle and she mentioned that since we are unable to do the private reception since we do not have enough people (30) then we would need to eat in one of the eateries. Anyone else doing this option?  Do you know if they block off a section of the restaurant or are you mixed in with other guests?  I've asked this question and have yet heard a response.  

June 18th, 2011

Iberostar Grand