Puerto Penasco/Northern Mexico

angel1416

What is the best way to get great pictures of my wedding? There is a photog provided by local resorts, but quality could be sketchy. I could bring one from my hometown but that could get super expensive for my already slim budget. I could find a photog from Phoenix (a short drive to my venue), but would have limited time to make arrangements/meet prospects. What do you suggest?

Photography's always a tough call. You're right, the local resort could be sketchy... or absolutley amazing! Might be worth checking out some local photographers, or checking out a few on here. You'll find some that are only looking to have expenses covered or maybe a little extra. Might work into your budget!

Best of luck with the search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
I'd say about 80% or more of us have hired a photographer for our wedding that we've never met! Just do your research and you should be able to find someone that you like and that fits in your budget.

I totally agree with Ann. There are so many photographer and many different pricing points, and I'm certain you can find one you like on your budget. Good luck and best wishes.

Phoenix is so close (around 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive) that you could probably find someone from there to do it for minimal travel costs. Tuscon is even closer and is a big enough city that they have people too, I'm sure. They might be able to come up and down in a day, although that might be nerve racking in case something happened on the drive down.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the Phoenix option is definitely one to consider, as it would be much less expensive for a Phoenix photographer to travel down to Puerto Penasco than it would be to fly somebody in from your hometown.

As a matter of fact, I am photographing a wedding at Las Palomas in Puerto Penasco on May 16, 2009, and I am charging a minimal travel fee as it's only about a 3 and a half hour drive from where I live in Phoenix.

Best wishes,

Tod

• 5 weeks later...