Questions about this hairstyle

~*Lisa*~

I think a little passed the shoulders is just right. I really like that style, very simple and elegant at the same time. I'm growing my hair out just for the wedding (it's been chin length or shorter for 15 years) and when we get back from the wedding I will be getting it cut and donating it to locks of love. It's so long right now...okay...not really, just above my shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
I think a little passed the shoulders is just right. I really like that style, very simple and elegant at the same time. I'm growing my hair out just for the wedding (it's been chin length or shorter for 15 years) and when we get back from the wedding I will be getting it cut and donating it to locks of love. It's so long right now...okay...not really, just above my shoulders.
oh that's really great of you! doesn't the hair have to be a certain lenght before donating it? that's what I thought anyway!

Thanks for the input. I actually think it's great too. Because of my wavy hair, I don't want to fight the frizz on the big day and try to straighten it. that's why I thought this would work great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloo79 View Post
oh that's really great of you! doesn't the hair have to be a certain lenght before donating it? that's what I thought anyway!

Thanks for the input. I actually think it's great too. Because of my wavy hair, I don't want to fight the frizz on the big day and try to straighten it. that's why I thought this would work great.

Yes, it has to be 10 inches. I donated my hair this summer to Locks of Love helps disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss

I love the style.

Your hair is at a perfect length now actually. No stressing of having to grow it out longer either... plus your small layer will help with the lifting of the curl and add dimention to it. If you go longer than that, the base curls would have to be heavily pinned into a messy bun or rounded out in a sense to give it that look in the back. Neither I would suggest. Sorry the hairdresser in me just sorta blurted that all out.. one thing I might think about is to very lightly angle your front.. this way you get the volume and cascading effect with the curls like in the picture.

That was my intended style for the wedding too. I loved the look of it all. Only problem was the hurricane and the damn wind.. we had to pull it back a bit tighter after an early morning run and I didn't get the curls I wanted.in front.. but I think my hair still worked for the day.

Your hair is at a perfect length now actually. No stressing of having to grow it out longer either... plus your small layer will help with the lifting of the curl and add dimention to it. If you go longer than that, the base curls would have to be heavily pinned into a messy bun or rounded out in a sense to give it that look in the back. Neither I would suggest. Sorry the hairdresser in me just sorta blurted that all out.. one thing I might think about is to very lightly angle your front.. this way you get the volume and cascading effect with the curls like in the picture.

That was my intended style for the wedding too. I loved the look of it all. Only problem was the hurricane and the damn wind.. we had to pull it back a bit tighter after an early morning run and I didn't get the curls I wanted.in front.. but I think my hair still worked for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
Bring lots of bobby pins, it almost looks like a low ponytail with the strands loosely pinned up. Your length should be just right now, how much time do you have to grow it out more?
I'm getting married next january. So if I need to grow it longer, I have lots of time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bebridejamaica View Post

Great tips! It's exactly what I wanted from posting the pic. Professional opinion! :) I saw your wedding pics and your hair looked great! :)

• VIP Member

That was my inspiration picture for my hair too! I love that look!

Anyways, my hair was about four or five inches past my shoulders. It worked out quite well. However, I have very thin straight hair, so I lost a lot of length from curling it, and I needed to have extra length for volume in the back.

If your hair is just slightly longer than your shoulders and it's already a little wavy, I think that would work perfect! :)