Large-ish Beach Wedding?

char1217

Hey everyone! I'm looking at the Virginia Beach area and contacted a company that does beach weddings, but some of the things they responded with have left me uncertain. For one, since it's in the middle of the summer, they only do weddings from 9-12 and 5-7. Ideally, I wanted to have the wedding around 330-400 so we could have the reception from 5-9 or 10. The place where they typically set up is about 20-25 min away from the reception/hotels area, which is what I expected. Also, having a wedding on the beach means you can't close off the area, and it may be difficult setting aside space for 150-200 people.

My question is based on these details, have any of you been to or had or planned a beach wedding? Do you have any advice or tips or just facts about how things panned out? Any information regarding a beach wedding would be great!

Thanks so much!

Char

• VIP Member

I actually think the 5pm wedding time is quite perfect. A reception starting at 5 is a little early. So the wedding lasts about a half an hour and then 30 minutes travel time puts guests arriving at 6. That is perfect! otherwise if your wedding was at 3:30, 30 minutes ceremony, 30 minute travel... it's only 4:30. In the summer, that's REALLY early if you ask me.