New Here!

RaydensMama

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
Thanks for the pictures!! It looks beautiful. My only complaint (and I know this is something that will happen at most resorts) is that its not private and that anyone can just walk up and watch. My sisters BF was married in Curacao and they had all these people walking up in bathing suits watching. I was hoping for something a bit more private. I wonder if they have a private area at the resort?
I can totally understand that fear - which is why Paul and I chose the location we did. It's not at the resort we're staying at, and it's totally private! The beach is 45 min. away from Puerto Vallarta, and is only accessible by boat. Maybe there's something similar in Jamaica, and you can get married there instead of at the resort.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaydensMama View Post
Thanks for the pictures!! It looks beautiful. My only complaint (and I know this is something that will happen at most resorts) is that its not private and that anyone can just walk up and watch. My sisters BF was married in Curacao and they had all these people walking up in bathing suits watching. I was hoping for something a bit more private. I wonder if they have a private area at the resort?
Yeah, I agree. We were thinking the beach gazebo because it seems a bit more private. They also have another gazebo on the resort, off of the beach. But I think you'd have more people watching there since it's RIGHT on the resort near the rooms...who knows though?! :)

Other info I did find out...you can have a 'free' semi-private dinner (with the Caprice & Royal packages), it's $10 per person to have open bar, and you can rent out an area for reception for $500 for 2 hours or $1000 for 4 hours. You can get steel band/DJ/etc for extra $$ - costs listed on Riu's website. You can have it until the Disco opens...I think 11pm, but don't remember for sure. I forwarded you my emails with the Riu in Negril - they're VERY responsive there, unlike Ocho Rios... cheesy.gif