Vancouver TA Needed!!

TrishB12

thanks for that warning, Scoutley. Did you book through a TA? I would've thought they would be able to deal with problems like that, I will definitely clarify this with my TA before I book. I see what you mean now about waiting, but I can't seem to focus on anything else wedding planning-wise until I have dealt with the resort issue. Anyone else feel the same way?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely feel the same way. We've been waiting for months for the prices to finally come out for Nov 2009, and now they're out but the early booking bonuses aren't finalized yet, and there's no guarantee there'll be EBBs at all. I can't book a photographer until we've confirmed the wedding date with the resort, and a good photographer is a huge priority for us.

I think we're realizing we have to bite the bullet and pick a resort without knowing the final prices. But the prices fluctuate like mad. We were quoted ~$2500 including taxes for Iberostar Paraiso Lindo by Signature a few days ago, whereas it was ~$2000 in October, but I'm not sure which carrier that was. It's driving me nuts! Destination weddings are supposed to be easier, aren't they! We're hoping the providers will drop prices with the declining economy, but the exchange rate has also dropped, so it's a gamble. Signature seems like a good way to go to potentially get a lower price than what you originally booked, even if the initial price is higher than other providers.

I too am from vancouver and agree that not having all the details with these packages is annoying!! My wedding day is reserved for N0v 27th 2009. I dont really know your resort but your prices seem a little high to me. I think I'm going to go with Signature for hte features you mentioned but I'm not prepared to put a deposit down when the flight details and departure day could change. It's frustrating!!

Hi all, I too am from Vancouver. I used TA Lindsay from BDW, and booked at Iberostar Varadero Nov 23-20 for $1678/person. Pretty good deal in my opinion! That's through Transat Holidays, and they honour one price reduction before the final travel date (ie. if prices become cheaper they'll let our prices jump down to match them).