How to legally change your name

Exactly! I may just wait until I have everything back to my maiden name before I go to the new married name. What a pain! I had mentioned NOT changing my name at all, but that didn't go over well.

I told Paul I will change my name when he knocks me up ... just a little motivation! Hehe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
Exactly! I may just wait until I have everything back to my maiden name before I go to the new married name. What a pain! I had mentioned NOT changing my name at all, but that didn't go over well.

I told Paul I will change my name when he knocks me up ... just a little motivation! Hehe
Ha ha...nice! That sounds like a fair deal to me!!

I was married before too and did not switch back to my maiden name after the divorce. The funny part is that my first husband and my FI both are named Scott. (my family calls them Scott #1 and Scott #2 - glad he had a sence of humor about that!) Sometimes if I make a reservation for a hotel or something under my name they call my FI "Mr. Scott #1's last name" THAT drives him nuts so he will be very happy when my name is changed and he wont have to deal with that again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL View Post
I was married before too and did not switch back to my maiden name after the divorce. The funny part is that my first husband and my FI both are named Scott. (my family calls them Scott #1 and Scott #2 - glad he had a sence of humor about that!) Sometimes if I make a reservation for a hotel or something under my name they call my FI "Mr. Scott #1's last name" THAT drives him nuts so he will be very happy when my name is changed and he wont have to deal with that again!
lol Sarah, I have 3 ex-boyf's named Scott and they are also numbered 1, 2, and 3. (Luckily this spans over like 8 years...) So I was kinda glad to marry an Andrew :)

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...