Hola!

jessicanparti

Hi,

I am new....And was suggested this site by my (sort of) wedding planner in Mexico. We decided to do the destination wedding thing in Puerta Vallarta in November this year, and I have no idea what I need to do!! My biggest fear is that with such a small wedding (10-15), the beautiful reception on the beach will be a bore! What do I do??

Jessica

Welcome! I am getting married in October in Cancun of this year...I have learned so much from all of the girls (and guys) on this forum, just take your time and read as much as possible! If we can help, just let us know!!!!

Good luck and happy planning!!!!

Hey Jessica - welcome to the forum.

Let me just tell you right away that I have the exact same fear. I think having a dance might be awkward with so few people. I'm afraid everyone is going to pack up and do their own thing after the dinner (at like 7pm!!). We're looking into hiring some local entertainment... like Lindsay (Feb14bride - I think that's her username!) hired a firedancer and it looked SO cool. We might do something like that, not sure exactly what though.

Also, I know some people are having the dinner and then hitting some nightclubs in town.

I hope that helps! :)

Welcome to the forum jessica. I'm a PV bride as well getting married this October at the Riu Jalisco. I wouldnt worry about the small # of guests. you're wedding day will be gorgeous no matter where or how many people come. And tammy(host) is right once the Tequilla starts pouring everyone will be out shaking their bootie including you!!

I love the idea of a small intimate DW. I was hoping for this but somehow I got over 50 guests now sad.gif