Need bridesmaid gowns quick!!

Ok so I've only had 4 months to plan and my Jan 18 wedding is now only 6 weeks away, and neither my MOH and BM have come up with dresses yet...yikes! My MOH lives in Jamaica and so she's totally depending on me to find something for her, as there are no choices down there in the stores. My BM is here in FL but is a stay-at-home mom of 3 kids and can't ever seem to find the time to go to the store. When we have, we've found nothing since we're looking for sage green dresses and all the the colors in the department stores these past few months are are all holiday darks.

What the heck to do?? Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get some semi-formal, off the rack gowns, since we don't have the time to order anything? Or maybe someplace I can order online that won't take forever to arrive? I'm feeling DESPERATE!!! Please someone point me in the right direction??

Also, what about the Victoria's Secret 7 in 1 dress. Granted, I havent seen it in person, and maybe its not as fancy as you want, but I liked it. My sister was a PITA about it, so we went to David's, but do a google on the VS 7 in 1. I think there are even threads on here about it.

Oops, sage green isnt offered I dont think. But there is a convertable dress out there on the market from a designer that comes in all tones. Depends on your budget tho. That one is a lot more $$$. I wish I could come up with more info...hang on, let me google, and see what I find....

<jeopardy theme plays in my mind...da, da, da, da, da, da, da>

Okay here is what I got...

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t16754

The VS one might not be in stock right now due to the season, but I think still available if you google.

This is the one that is about $270.

twobirds bridesmaid

Davids will probably be your best bet. IF they don't have a size you need in their store, you can have it shipped in from another one.

Be sure you have your MOH's measurements to know what size to order. Bridal wear doesn't run the same size as street clothes! If you have a friend that is MOH's size, I would take her to see what the dress looks like and then you can e-mail pics so she can say yes or no. Honestly at this point you might just need to pick what you like.

i just ordered a BM dress for a Christmas party, and it took about 2 weeks to get shipped. as far as alterations go, it only needs to be hemmed, and the seamstress quoted me $45 plus tax & she would need at least 3 weeks to get that done.

needless to say i am taking it to a local seamstress where i can get it done in a week for half the price. wink.gif

so- i would agree that david's has great dresses, they can be shipped quickly, and they are nicely priced. BUT i would beware alterations. they could get pricey very quickly. i think the rush charge would have been an additional $20.

good luck with the hunt. cheesy.gif