1st Fitting...Estimate...$625 - $775!!!! Yikes!

Jessalyn

I just got mine altered last week and was shocked at my price. My dress was a little under $1k, yet my alterations cost $450!!! I'm just getting it hemmed and the bustle done and the shoulder straps altered a bit - that's it. And, there is no lace or sequins or beading!! Needless to say, I was shocked as well!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, my dress has a lot of detail around the bodice and at the bottom... but still!!! And i didn't even mention that she charges $100 to press the dress. I considered taking it somewhere else and trying to get it done cheaper but I know the lady and I know that she will do a good job. My sis took her dress 2years ago to a regular seamstress who totally mucked up the entire dress 2 weeks before the ceremony and this lady was able to fix everything. I'm really more mad that the salon ordered the wrong size and refused to admit any wrong doing. The dress is 2 sizes too big and they claim that I must have lost weight. If that was the case everything in my closet would be too big! shameonyou.gif