What is the sand ceremony

Has anyone ever done the sand ceremony with a child? My guy has an 11 yr old son from a previous relationship - he lives with us and this would be the perfect way to involve him in the ceremony! I am looking for the actual wording of involving a child rather than writing it myself... I have found tons of wordings for couples but not many for when a child is involved... especially with a non-bio parent...

Thanks!

Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn6603 View Post
Has anyone ever done the sand ceremony with a child? My guy has an 11 yr old son from a previous relationship - he lives with us and this would be the perfect way to involve him in the ceremony! I am looking for the actual wording of involving a child rather than writing it myself... I have found tons of wordings for couples but not many for when a child is involved... especially with a non-bio parent...

Thanks!
Jenn

I am thinking of using something like this as part of my ceremony. You could probably tweak it to make it work for a sand ceremony.
Childrenâ€s Vows:
Do you (Groom/Bride) take (Child) as your own, promising to love him and care for him, providing for his needs, both physical & spiritual.
Groom/Bride replies: We will.
Do you (Child) accept (Groom/Bride) into your family? Do you promise to love and respect him/her as your step father/step mother?
Child replies: I do.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was wondering the same thing. I was just about to buy the vases for the ceremony but then I thought how am I going to bring these back with the sand still entacted. I know you could buy boxes/like wine and bring it backhuh.gif How did past brides bring it home?