Etiquette, traditions, to do... list ?

Hi,

well maybe my question is going to sound weird, but is there anywhere an actual listing of etiquette, traditions and to-do - in a "traditional" wedding ? And (hopefully) the reason for it ?

I'm asking this because I sometimes don't even know what people are talking about or I hadn't even thought of this because we actually don't do it in France... what.gif

For instance :

- do you all have TTD (I guess this goes for "trash the dress") sessions ? Is it something "to do" in beach weddings ? Or in any destination wedding ?

- what is a "rehearsal" dinner, do you all have one ?

- is it a tradition to make gifts to guests ?

I guess at the end of the day it's up to me what i want to do, but I'd like to know what we're talking about so I can decide if I want to do it or not wink.gif

Sorry again if my question sounds stupid or too broad... I looked for a sticky thread but failed to notice one.

There are lots of internet sources for wedding ettiquette. Try Google, Emily Post, The Knot, or About.com

The TTD is a new thing. It is done more at beach weddings, though I have seen others. Visit Trash The Dress

The idea behind it is that you have made a lifelong comittment, will no longer need your dress, so turn it into art.

Rehersal dinners are usually hosted by the groom's parents and it is a chance to celebrate with family and the bridal party and present them with gifts. You do this after you practice the ceremony.

Most people give favors to guests at a wedding. In Jamaica at my wedding, we gave everyone Welcome bags (OOT Bags) only. For the reception back home, we just made a donation to a local animal charity.