Getting Wedding Dress on Plane?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could share with me their experience of bringing their wedding dress on the plane with them? I am flying with Skyservice from Toronto and don't know how I go about bringing my poofy dress on the plane with me ( I definitely don't feel comfortable checking it with my luggage). Some people have advised me to show up for the flight 4 hrs early to ensure I get to bring it on with me! My TA hasn't been too helpful in providing me with direction. Any advice??:o(

Thanks

Allyson

Call the airline and see if they will have space to hang it. They should be gracious in trying to accomodate you. But if all else fails, you may have to fold it and put it in the overhead compartment. Your hotel should have laundry service and can steam out the wrinkles for you when you get there. I wouldn't check it either. But don't stress, it'll all work out.

Call the airline and let them know that you will bringing your dress on the plane. They can make note of it for the attendants and service desk people that when you check in you are all set. They will want to put it in a closet or overhead.. but as long as you know where it is ... I don't think you will have many problems with this.

I work for a different airline and often we get requests for hanging wedding dresses (on sun destination flights). If we have the closet space, it isn't a problem. But the number and size of closets depends on the plane (and in this day and age a lot of airlines are taking out closets and putting in more seats!). Definitely be prepared to put it in the overhead bin - maybe lie it flat on top of other people's luggage (so no one puts their stuff on top of your dress)! I really don't think that showing up early will make any difference to your ability to secure the closet - it will all be figured out upon boarding!