Help me choose.... Valentin, Excellence Riviera Maya, or Secrets Capri

So we might have to go away from using the Valentin because we can't seem to get any cooperation from their wedding people. I want something in writing saying that we have a set time and date. I've heard stories where wedding's have been moved up in time or even a day and that just doesn't seem right.

We are still hoping to get the Valentin worked out, but we're looking towards the Excellence and Secrets as well. Does anybody have strong opinions for any of these. I know there are huge threads dedicated to ERM and SC, but I figured I'd throw this into a new thread to catch some eyes. Thanks for any and all info.

Also, if anyone feels like emailing me any info or personal pics of their weddings at these resorts, feel free to.

[email protected]

Thanks.

Well, I am a Secrets bride, but I did consider Excellence. The big factor for me was the size. Secrets is smaller and more intimate. This also means there is less activity (which we wanted). Some people want night life options for their guests. Our guests are the party, even if they are in a black hole. So, we chose Secrets.

I just pulled out my comparison list and neither Secrets nor Excellence had "cons" - it came down to 440 rooms vs. 290 rooms. So, I guess I could say that Excellence was my second choice.

I think either would be great - just depends on what you are looking for!

We're getting married at ERC. So far everything has been wonderful. They don't charge you for everything. The packages include a lot for the price. We're able to bring in our own photographer, decorations, chair sashes, flowers and such. That alone is saving us a lot of money. Almost every review I've read about ERC has been awesome- the food, staff, accommodations...everything is amazing.

I am getting married at ERC as well but did look into Secrets Capri. I've never been to either resort but I did do a ton of internet research before picking and heard only good things about both. A big deciding factor for us was size. We are having a good sized group, ages 21 to 84, but mostly 20s-50s. We wanted a larger resort with more space, more restaurant options, activities, etc. It really just depends on the dynamics of your group and how you picture your wedding to be. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them though!

I hope everything works out with the Valentin for you since you seem to have your heart set on it!