Long distance relationship - FI being selfish? *LONG*

*Lo*

I feel your pain, since my FI and I did long distance between NY and San Francisco for two years. (Actually, ALL of my relationships have been long distnace one time or another) Granted that we have cellphones now (at one point, I only had a pager) but it's just not the same as being with him in person, especially with crappy reception and dropped phonecalls (Thanks, Verizon, T Mobile). Because he has 9-6 job, I wound up visiting him for a couple of weeks every other month or so. It was hard for me to communicate with him and we fought a lot while we were apart, but I felt fine as soon as I saw him in person. I think worrying and anxiety brought out the bad part of me.

With that being said, it's probably the best if you accept his transition and let him do what he wants to do until he settles down to his new life over there- and visit him when you are calm and happy. I think some guys can't handle when girls are emotional and that could potentially drive him away. I'm not keen on party-ing types either, but if you love him for who he is and if you two respect eachother's lives, you should have a happy ending. But it does help to move in together as soon as possible!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic