Supplies for making boarding pass invites??

I'm looking around trying to figure out what all I need for getting my 40 boarding pass invites done. However, I'd appreciate some tips and hints on what tools you found that worked best for making the passes, getting them glued/stuck together and perforated, etc. I don't want to buy too many little extras to get this done, but I want them to look good, so any tips would be REALLY appreciated! Thanks!

I used two tools.

(1) A rotary trimmer (paper cutter) with a regular blade, a perforating blade and a scoring (fold-making) blade. Fiskars makes the one I used - the 12" Ultimate Craft Rotary Paper Trimmer - I bought one or both of the non-regular blades separately. It was about $35 and maybe $7 for each of the blades. Looked like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

(2) a corner punch. I also recomment the squeeze one from Fiskars - so easy and no sore thumb because it's a squeeze rather than a push button like so many are. looks like this (only in a corner rather than the hand): Click the image to open in full size.

I got them both at Michael's and with a 50% off coupon... bonus!

my tip would be to have "bleed marks" and then cut the edges of the paper so the marks are all the way to the edge of the sheet and then use those lines to line up with the rotary cutter. Once you use the cutter once, you will see a line on the bottom part where the blade runs across, so just line up the bleed marks to the line on the cutter and hold on tight to the paper so it doesnt move!

I think that sounds a lot more complicated than it is!

• 1 month later...

While looking for the boarding pass template, I found Alyee's blog page. She has instructions, templates, and which tools she suggests for use. (Plus, she has other DIY projects.)

Aylee blog: Aylee bits » DIY: Boarding Pass Invitation / Save The Date

I still don't know which rotary trimmer to purchase myself. I've been researching, and I'm not sure which way to go.

Anyone out there have good/bad experiences to share regarding the rotary trimmers used?

I got a FISKARS paper trimmer that only cost about $19 from Michael's and it was a life saver (it's orange). It wasn't the huge one but was just big enough for regular size paper (8 1/2 x 11). I used cover stock paper and it worked great and was a big time saver because I was going to just cut them!! That would not have worked out at all, but the paper trimmer was great.

• 2 weeks later...