ROR...beach...sandfleas?????

What is this all about? I have heard several people mention that the beach reception comes with sandfleas. I really wanted to have my reception at the beach (we are having dinner at the Plantation restaurant), but I am not willing to deal with sandfleas. Has anyone had their reception there and what was your experience?

I think it all depends on the month...I have heard ppl complain about sandfleas in one month, and then someone disagree about having them another month...i forget which months are worse!! lol...i know this happened to me in Cuba.. I went to the same resort twice..once in February and the sand fleas were horrible and then again the next year in March/April and there were none at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley9078 View Post
oh this makes me nervous about having my after party there! What are snad fleas just little biting bugs? think they will be there in July?? it Think I will check into the poolside party a little more!!
I went to Key West in October and was on the beach. You can't see them, but they bit the crap out of me. I was itching for two days. Mostly on my legs.