Calling all Villa Brides

Hey ladies-

I thought it would be nice to start a thread for brides who are having either their ceremony/reception at a villa in Puerto Vallarta. By what I am gathering is that a villa wedding is a lot different from a resort wedding.

So I thought it would be nice to start a chat for feedback, actual experience, advise, vendor connections (since with a villa you could really save a lot of money by doing your own thing), pictures and a little of every thing.

Thoughtshuh.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I will start my reception is going to be at Villa Mediterriano south of The Dreams Resort.

One reason I chose this is because we will have our own private venue. This means No closing time. We can dance into the wee hours of the morning with DJ going. I thought this was great because my friends love a good party and I wouldn't want to say hey the parties over now. Sorry.... Thanks for coming all this way. Though my fiance and I will leave early to enjoy our first night as husband and wife.

Another reason we are able to use our own caterer (which saved us about $3000).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kathy,

I am getting married in May '09 as well and thinking of using Kristin from DD to help us plan. So far she has been great. Have you decided if you are using her yet?

My fiancee and i are torn between having the ceremony/reception at the Dreams VillaMagna or an actual villa. We love the intimacy and character that a villa provides, but don't want to be split from all of our friends and family.

Do you know if your villa will rent for the event evening ONLY?

Also, i am not sure that my Fiancee and i can make a site visit before the big day. Do you think it's possible to do this site unseen or is that leaving too much to chance?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi tmyers!

Yea, I have the same questions as you - is it too risky to do everything sight unseen? It sounds like you'll have plenty of pics/advice on the villa.

Have you considered a ceremony/reception at the villa and staying at the Dreams Villa Magna for the rest of your stay? (I don't know locations and if this is feasible...) Is the Dreams VM the new, currently unopen, locale? If so, are they offering any promos to couples and/or guests for its grand opening?!

Good luck with everything!

Okay ladies.... Here is the link to the villa photos. In this gallery you will find photos of Villa Verde, Casa Kalista, Villa Mediterraneo, Iguana Hotel (very affordable hotel for guests), Casa Carol Ann, Casa Palapa Vista (amazing villa to have a small wedding at). Please email me if you have questions or need to talk [email protected]. I totally know how you all feel and to be honest after going to PV the only villas I would book site unseen is Casa Kalista, Villa Mediterraneo, Casa Carol Ann (though there are some obsticles with this villa) and Casa Palapa Vista (if you are having less than 30 guests). All villas outside of Villa Verde are amazing. But Villa Verde has a huge pool area on the beach which the other don't have, except Villa Mediterraneo this villa is for someone who wants to WOW their guests and have a very private event. The others will Wow them this one is just different than all the rest.

Please feel free to email me. I am happy to help all I can. I totally understand where you are all coming from.

BEst

Kathy

PS I do have a few photos of Sayulitas and will try to get them up soon.

I also have a couple of the Dreams REsort

If the link doesn't work email me and I can invite you to visit it. thewave.gif

Kodakgallery.com*Slideshow

Incase anyone was wondering our agenda is this:

Ceremony at Dreams Resort 5pm (since this is where our guests are staying)

Photos Dreams and Zona Romantica 5:30-7pm

Reception/Dancing Villa Mediterraneo 7pm-huh.gif? there is not limit

We are having our reception around the pool then moving all our guests to the private beach for dancing and drinks all night long. We will be having fireworks over the water while we are dancing.

I can't wait. I wanted to do two venues so it felt like you were going from the ceremony to a new site. Once I saw Villa Med it all played out and it is so private and had a beach. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I am so so so excited.

BTW Casa Kalista was our second choice. The villa will blow your mind and the price is really good.

Kristin from DAzzlign Details is our coordinator and Stewart from Boca Bento is doing our catering.

Best to everyone

PS I shouldn't share this but we are having approx. 60-70 guests and doing the ceremony/reception for under 20K (I think you could do a little less if you cut some costs where we didn't want to)smile67.gif