What is a decent rate from LAX to Cancun right now??

Well my wedding is not till next June, but I am stressin over how expensive flights are with the freakin airline and gas crisis! censored.gif

This past June, FI and I paid $420 each for direct flights from LAX to CUN for our site visit. Now, a direct flight went from $570 on Saturday to about $620 today. WTF?

So over the weekend I sent a group rate request to Alaska Airlines, and yesterday I received a quote for $550 direct flight roundtrips. It would be immediate family -- about 25 of us -- traveling on this particular reservation. I have until tomorrow to lock in...but do you think that's a reasonable rate or is there a likely chance it might get lower?? Or should I jump on it now?

TA's or ladies: Is a $550/pp, direct flight RT from LAX to Cancun a decent price??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen moriya View Post
hi there

my wedding is next June also. We just got quotes from our TA for nonstop flights for $450 from LA.
Wow that's a great quote! Do you mind me asking which airline are you traveling? And what are your dates of travel? Also does this include taxes or is this the base rate? We have to do Sunday to Sunday because of our check-in days.

Geez, that does seem like a lot. We are also flying Alaskan Airlines from LAX and we paid $320 pp round trip. Of coarse, we bought our tickets back in Jan before gas prices sky rocketed. I just checked Travelocity (where we originally purchased our trip) and they didn't have direct flights available. The 1-stop flights were about $510