Bridal Shower Hostess Gifts

I hadn't even thought of this... OMG. I love this site, but I swear it creates so much more stuff for me to do. LOL. Oh my poor budget.

My Mom and my SIL & BFF are throwing my shower...what in the world am I going to give them... hmmm... Bath & Body Works perhaps. Glad I read this thread and I still have more than a month to figure this out! Thanks y'all!

• 11 months later...

bumping again, any new ideas ladies?

also, my mom is throwing a shower at her friend's house, do i get my mom something and her friend something as well? (i'm getting my mom a gift for the wedding)

and my MOH is throwing one as well with the help of the BMs, do i give them all something then, even though i'm planning on giving them gifts the day before the wedding? i can't afford much else don't know what to do?!?

There are a couple of ideas in this thread:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ml#post1250297

I did "shower" items from Lush from the hostesses, but they were not BMs or part of the wedding party.

IMHO I think a handwritten note is a great way to thank someone for a shower, especially if you are already giving them something for the wedding.

Where I am from the bride doesn't give a hostess a gift, just a handwritten thank card. I didn't even know about till here, but I would have done what I did anyway. I don't have BMs but my mom throw me a shower and I took us to get 90 minute massages and then dinner after. I was going to do facials, but they were all booked.

I did hand write all my thank you cards to everyone. I think you need to do whatever is in your budget.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but I saw this great idea on the KNot DIY board. You get a pyrex baking dish (like the 9x13, although you could use anything I guess) and etch the hostess' name on the outside.

It looked so nice and everyone can use another one of those, right?

• Like 1

I had my shower a week ago and I'm still trying to get out the thank you cards! I wanted to give hostess gifts but it's just too much right now and I need to slow down with all the spending.

Everyone will get a handwritten card. I got my Mom some flowers and a cute top for the trip. I got a small bathroom diffuser for my fmil and for my sis I will give her some $ to get her hair done before trip. They're all getting gifts for being part of the bridal party.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...