We sent out out STD's in May (I think). Out of 44 invited, we have 18 booked. Some of the people who booked right away surprised us and some who still haven't booked surprised us as well (we thought for sure some of them would have by now). I think it depends on the people. Some people just aren't in a rush and figure they can do it last minute. I have major concerns about some of them myself because airfare certainly isn't getting any cheaper! Our invites are going out in 3 weeks for our January wedding. Hopefully anyone else planning to come will get moving...

I guess I'm the bride with all the slackers! My wedding is in November and most of my guests just booked over the weekend. I found even if you send email reminders, encouragements, and low budget offers, most people will book when they want to. At least that was the case for my wedding. I have 43 booked and am still expecting another 15.

About a month after I sent out the STDs, everyone of my guests but one booked. But we had a book by date in order to get a certain rate so they had to book asap. We sent formal invites 4 months before the wedding.

I would wait a couple of months, if not that many guests book than maybe you should send your formal invites out sooner

Hi Yamille,

We sent out our STD about 3 weeks ago. So far 2 have booked, with a lot of verbal "we're coming". I'm not counting anyone in until they actually book. I think we will have a lot of slackers. But I'm not going to worry about it because I'll go crazy trying to control it. If they want to go, they'll book.

Good luck!